- Quick Bacon Crumbles (or 10 oz vegan bacon of your choice)
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, separated into leaves, each leaf chopped in half widthwise
- 2 to 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced, optional
- Eight 8-inch sheets rice paper (see Tip)
- Avocado Ranch Dressing or your favorite vegan dressing
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. Make sure you have a clean surface to prepare the rolls on.
- Dip a sheet of rice paper into the water, making sure to get it completely wet but removing it quickly before it gets too soft. Lay the paper on the clean surface, then lay a few pieces of lettuce on the center of the paper, going from side to side and leaving about an inch of space around the perimeter. Add a few slices of tomato, a few slices of avocado (if using), and a few spoonfuls of the bacon crumbles (or 2 or 3 slices if you’re using a sliced variety).
- Fold the left and right sides of the paper over the filling. Take the edge of the paper closest to you and fold it completely over the filling while using your fingers to tuck the filling in. Continue rolling until the roll is sealed. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Serve immediately with the Avocado Ranch Dressing or your favorite vegan dressing. These rolls are best enjoyed right after they’re made but will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 or 6 hours.
If your family isn’t into summer rolls, just pile all the ingredients between two slices of bread for a sandwich. You won’t get any complaints.
- Rice paper sheets that are 6 inches in diameter will be too small.