- Olive oil spray or vegan cooking spray (soy-free if necessary)
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter (soy-free if necessary), melted (or ¼ cup olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme or rosemary
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F . Lightly spray two baking sheets with olive oil.
- Place the potatoes in a medium pot and cover them with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until tender. Drain.
- Spread out the potatoes on the baking sheets. Use a spatula to gently smash each one just a little bit. Pour the butter over the potatoes. Sprinkle the garlic powder, thyme, salt, and pepper on top. Toss to coat, then spread them out again, making sure that the pieces aren’t touching. Bake for 40 minutes, flipping them halfway through. Serve immediately. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
- Feel free to try other seasonings if garlic powder, thyme, or rosemary don’t float your boat.