- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- A few pinches of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil (or canola oil)
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter (soy-free if necessary, or coconut oil), melted
- Salt to taste
- In a small cup or bowl, mix together the nutritional yeast, chili powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- Combine the oil and 3 popcorn kernels in a large pot and heat over medium-high heat. Once the kernels pop, add the remaining kernels, cover the pot, shake it a couple of times, and return to the heat. Once the popping begins, continue to shake it every 3 to 5 seconds until the popping stops. Remove from the heat and uncover.
- Pour the melted butter over the popcorn, cover the pot again, and shake to coat. Uncover the pot and add the nutritional yeast mix, cover again, and shake to coat. Uncover the pot and add salt. Serve immediately.