- 3 cups cooked chickpeas (or two 15-ounce cans, rinsed and drained)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini (gluten-free if necessary)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 cups packed chopped kale
- One 14- to 15-ounce can artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained, and quartered if whole
- Bread or crackers (gluten-free if necessary)
- Combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, cumin, onion powder, and cayenne in a food processor and process until smooth. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. If the dip is too thick, add water by the tablespoon until it reaches your desired thickness.
- Add the kale and artichoke hearts and pulse until fully incorporated but still chunky. Serve immediately with bread or crackers or refrigerate until ready to use. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 to 2 days.
1. For those who hate hummus (Who hates hummus? ), switch out the chickpeas with white beans and replace the tahini with olive oil. 2. For kale haters, switch out the kale for spinach, chard, or collard greens. For those who hate greens altogether, they can be left out completely.