- FOR VANILLA DIPPING SAUCE -------------------
- 1 cup unsweetened plain or vanilla soymilk
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 to ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¼ cup coconut cream or full-fat coconut milk
- FOR PLUMS ------------------------
- 6 ﬁrm medium-size plums, pitted and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon non dairy butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon water
- FOR TORTILLAS --------------------
- Four 9-inch ﬂour tortillas
- Nonstick cooking spray
- TO MAKE THE SAUCE: Combine all the ingredients (start with only 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum, adding more if needed to obtain a yogurt like texture) together in a blender. Blend until perfectly smooth and somewhat thick, like yogurt. Refrigerate in an airtight container for at least 3 hours before using.
- TO MAKE THE PLUMS: Place the plums in a skillet and combine with the butter, sugar, vinegar, and water. Sauté over medium heat until all the liquid evaporates and the plums are just tender but not mushy, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- TO ASSEMBLE THE TORTILLAS: Preheat a panini press fitted with smooth or grill plates on high heat. Place the equivalent of one and a half plums evenly on half of each tortilla and fold over the other half. Lightly coat both sides of the tortilla with spray, close the panini press, and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 6 minutes in all. Cut each tortilla into 4 triangles and dip into the vanilla sauce as desired.