- ½ cup tahini (gluten-free if necessary)
- ¼ cup unsweetened nondairy milk (nut-free and/or soy-free if necessary)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos (or gluten-free tamari; use coconut aminos to be soy-free)
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Combine all of the ingredients in a cup or small bowl and stir with a fork until combined and smooth. Chill until ready to use. The sauce will thicken the longer it chills, so you may need to add water to thin it out before using it. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 7 days.