- FOR DIPPING SAUCE ———————————
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- ¼ teaspoon ﬁne sea salt, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper ﬂakes, to taste
- FOR ROLLS ———————————
- 16 rice paper wraps
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel (about 10 ounces untrimmed)
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange slices, drained
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- To make the dipping sauce: Whisk all the ingredients together in a medium-size bowl. Set aside.
- To assemble the rolls : Immerse the rice paper 1 sheet at a time in warm water to soften. Soak for a few seconds, until pliable. Handle carefully because rice paper breaks easily. Drain on a clean kitchen towel before rolling. Add 2 tablespoons fennel, 2 slices mandarin orange, and a pinch of black sesame seeds. Roll tightly, folding the ends in and rolling closed. Serve with the dipping sauce. Store leftovers tightly wrapped in plastic in the fridge for up to 2 days.