- 1 pound baby Yukon gold potatoes (or baby Dutch Yellow Potatoes), quartered
- ¼ cup vegan mayonnaise (soy-free if necessary)
- 2 tablespoons vegan sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard (gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika, plus more for dusting
- ½ teaspoon black salt (kala namak; or regular salt)
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook the potatoes until easily pierced with a fork, 7 to 8 minutes. Drain, then rinse the potatoes with cold water until cool. Drain well.
- Combine the mayonnaise, relish, mustard, vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and salt in a large bowl and stir until combined. Fold in the potatoes, letting them get mashed a little along the way. Lightly dust the top of the salad with more paprika and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.