- Olive oil spray
- 1 pound pasta (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas (or one 15-ounce can, rinsed and drained)
- One 14- to 15-ounce can artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained, and quartered if whole
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 cups lightly crushed plain kettle-style potato chips, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9 × 13-inch baking dish with olive oil.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large shallow saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add the chickpeas and artichokes and cook for about 5 minutes, using your spatula to tear apart the artichokes as they cook. Add the thyme and garlic powder.
- Use a potato masher to gently mash the chickpeas and artichokes until just slightly mashed with chunks. Add the soup and pasta and stir until combined. Add salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat, transfer to the prepared baking dish, and bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the potato chips over the top (if using) and bake for another 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.