- 8 cups vegan waffle square cereal (such as Chex, using a gluten-free variety if necessary)
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips (or chunks)
- ½ cup unsalted, unsweetened, smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter (soy-free if necessary)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar (or xylitol)
- Pour the cereal into a very large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or a heatproof bowl on top of a pot of boiling water, stirring frequently, until smooth. Stir in the peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and salt. Stir until combined and completely melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal. Stir until combined. Add the powdered sugar and toss until fully coated.
- Spread out the mixture on a baking sheet to cool completely. Divide among gift bags or jars, or place in an airtight container.
- You can refrigerate it, or store it at room temperature, where it will keep for 5 to 7 days.
For the peanut butter fanatics in the family, try switching out the waffle cereal with puffed peanut butter cereal (such as Barbara’s Peanut Butter Puffins).