- CITRUS-CHILI VINAIGRETTE ----------------
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- SALAD -----------------
- 3 cups packed mixed baby greens
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- In a cup or small bowl, stir together the vinaigrette ingredients.
- In a large bowl, toss together the greens, avocado, strawberries, pomegranate seeds, and pine nuts. Add the dressing and toss until evenly coated. Divide between two bowls and serve immediately.
To liven up the salad a bit or turn it into more of a main course, add some cooked chickpeas, vegan bacon bits, or roasted tofu. A little sprinkling of vegan parmesan never hurt anybody either.